Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Is My Blog

I thought way too much about starting a blog. Would anyone even read it? What if someone actually does read it? What will I write? Can I even write? These questions have no meaningful answers. I am not an exceptionally great writer or even an exceptionally interesting person, but I am going to have an extraordinary year (although every year of life so far has included something out of the ordinary). I have recently become a graduate student at the University of San Diego’s School of Peace Studies, starting a master’s program in Peace and Justice Studies. So I thought about a blog. I might learn a few things that could be quite exceptional and thought provoking this year. And someone might want to know a little more about peace and justice, and well, this world could use a whole lot more of both. Thus, this is my blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is great news, Brooke. I look forward to your blog posts. I know you as a person of dedication to doing 'right' in the world, and getting beyond 'talk' to 'walk' -- to 'action'. therefore, I have no doubt that your posts will be enlightening to me and many others as you share your 'walk' with us and what you are learning along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I'm already impressed with what you've been learning and, the ideas that you are coming up with. I look forward to a cool year, and broadened horizons. love ya.

    ReplyDelete