Monday, January 12, 2009

2008 Reflection: My Journey with Faith

This has been a year of asking many questions about Christianity and learning a lot about different faiths and what others believe. I have come to the conclusion that the more questions I raise, the stronger I feel in my faith. This comes from the realization that raising questions and having doubt both can be good, and it is imperative to actually think about what you believe and why, and find out what others believe and why. Here are some of the questions I have been pondering this year:

-How is one supposed to read the Bible? Should the story of Jesus be read the same way as a letter written by Paul? What in the Bible should be taken literally and what should not?
-What does it mean to be an American Christian in this world? My faith came easy to me because of where I grew up, so what does that mean for others living in different parts of the world?
-How can people of all faiths come together and learn from each other in a meaningful way to make the world a more loving, just place?

Some questions I have answers to, others I do not. My hope is that in 2009 I have more answers, more questions, and that I can continue to learn from and be inspired by other people in all different walks of life.

If you have any answers for me or questions to raise, as always, feedback is welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment