Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Line Has Been Crossed

The line that I am referring to is the point in the semester where grad school shifts from being manageable to completely overwhelming. That line was crossed today. During our environmental justice class, as our professor assigned yet another paper in addition to our thirty page paper that is due in a month, I think all fifteen of us in our cohort had similar images of drowning in schoolwork. Our lives are no longer our own for the next two months. The only way I can describe how I felt sitting in class today is a mix between feeling like I was going to hyperventilate and like someone was slowly placing bricks on my entire body. And at 9:30 pm I just arrived home from being at school all day. Ah, the joys of being a student!

No comments:

Post a Comment