Thursday, May 26, 2011

I want to remember this...

Today, I went for a run. The sweat incessantly dripped down my face. The music blasted in my ears, but it wasn't loud enough to cover up my labored breathing. And I couldn't keep from smiling, even as I struggled to make it to the top of a steep hill. It was one of those runs where you kind of feel like you can go on forever, the type of run that keeps me coming back despite frustration and lack of motivation still lingering from injury recovery. I realized I am seeking out that high, that love for running, and that I will keep coming back for more as long as I get a brief reassurance that it still exists out there, somewhere. I got that reassurance today, and I want to remember this feeling.

Post run backyard pictures:
1) A girl and her dog. 2) The heart of a tree.
(Pictures taken with my iphone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment