Monday, April 2, 2012

The first little video I've ever made// Living and Loving in San Diego: a month of little adventures.


"Creativity takes courage." -Henri Matisse

I have always considered myself the least creative person I know. When it comes to teaching, I know I can come up with creative ways to convey information to my students, and I can develop projects for them to explore their own creativity in meaningful ways, but that is where my creativity has always ended... in my classroom. I've always admired people who were naturally creative, coming up with endless crafts to make life a little more beautiful, but I have never been one of those people. 

Over this past year, I challenged myself to be a little more creative, just for me, even though I don't know what I am doing most of the time. I found a creative companion in my camera, and have enjoyed using it to capture life's little joys. I've stepped out of my comfort zone in this regard and have been appreciated the challenge to seek out and find the beauty that surrounds us.

Inspired by my beautiful friend, Brenda, and her creative challenges, I felt compelled to challenge myself further with something that was totally out of my comfort zone, creating a little video. So, here is it is: "Living and Loving in San Diego: a month of little adventures."

It's a video that I made over the past month documenting some of our little adventures in San Diego, things we love to do like walk through Balboa Park, go to the beach, hike, take our dog on a walk through our neighborhood of South Park, and enjoy this beautiful city that we live in.

>> video >> shot with the 8mm app for the iPhone
>> music >> "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel:

         "What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun
           What a beautiful dream that could flash on the screen in a blink of an eye and be gone from me
           Soft and sweet, let me hold it close and keep it here with me...
           But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see
           Love to be in the arms of all I'm keeping here with me."

3 comments:

  1. i love it! (the video) i find it hard to believe you don't think you are creative because you are the MOST creative teacher in the world and that is the hardest place to be creative- in the classroom. i also really love the BIRDS picture in the next post with your shoes!!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BROOKE!

    You go girl! Haha, I am so impressed by your sweet video! I loved, loved, loved it! Isn't that app the best?! So fun!
    I am glad that we can share things through this blogosphere. That is what creativity is all about, and I am glad that I could have inspired you in the least bit!

    XO
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bren! I had a lot of fun making it. Thanks for your encouragement and for inspiring me to challenge myself.

      Delete