Monday, June 25, 2012

Snippets of San Diego life.

The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind. I finished my sixth year of teaching, watched my students graduate, Matt went on a solo backpacking trek in the wilderness and I lived alone for ten days, we got our house ready for four different renters this summer, and we packed to fly off to a summer adventure. It's been an emotional couple of weeks for me, and I haven't had much time to reflect, but now that I'm sitting in an airport, I can look back at the past few weeks and appreciate them. Life has been good. Here are some snippets of our life in San Diego from recent days. 

My guard dog while Matt was away.
 Been listening to records daily.
 Dinner outside.
 Family bike rides.
 Colorful makings for dinner.
View from the Birch Aquarium.
 One of my summertime favorites.
Long walks through our neighborhood... 
with the pup.
Time spent with our goddaughter...
 and her wonderful parents.
Double date on vespas with these lovely folks...
to drink cocktails like The Heat of the Night.

It is these things that I will miss while we travel all summer, the little moments of joy and friendship that make up a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment