Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gaudi in Barcelona, like it or not?

Gaudi's architectural influence can be seen throughout Barcelona. Truth be told, I am not such a fan of Gaudi. I appreciate how he pushed traditional norms, but to me, his style is just a little too over the top. I liked it in the Park Guell, because the cartoon-like characteristics of his work made more sense to me in a park than on a church or a building in the midst of the city, but I suppose that Gaudi is famous after all because his designs really pushed the boundaries of fitting in and making sense.

His famous Sagrada Familia, which is still in the process of being built 120 years later.
It sits high above most other things in the city.
Other Gaudi architecture.
Park Guell, designed by Gaudi. Such a great view of the city. A perfect place for a picnic of wine, cheese, and a baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment