Thursday, October 4, 2012

On the week of my birth// A San Diego sunset and a harvest moon rise.

Yesterday, I turned twenty-nine. A little bit older. Perhaps a little bit wiser. Dare I say, a little bit happier. It feels appropriate to post these photos from this past weekend of my parents, the ones who gave me life, but more importantly helped me grow into the person I am today. My parents sure are cute, and I am lucky they're mine.

I wonder what this next year, my last year in my twenties, will hold for me. The end of an era. Truthfully, I don't care so much to anticipate and look to the future. I just feel lucky and grateful to be alive and have all of the wonderful people I do in my life: my husband, family, friends, colleagues, and even my crazy and wonderful students who went above and beyond to celebrate me this week.

1 comment: