Wednesday, November 27, 2013

13 weeks.

Dear baby, 

This week we found ourselves in New York City. I wanted to go on a special trip for my 30th birthday, so I asked your dad if he would plan a trip to NYC for me, and since he's pretty awesome, he organized the entire trip. We have had such an amazing time. Walking the streets of New York bundled up in the literally freezing cold with holiday decorations up is pretty magical. We both decided that our favorite thing about New York is just walking around exploring, people watching, stopping to eat, and grabbing a hot chocolate to warm up with. Actually, my ideal day in any city is doing just that. I sometimes daydream about being dropped in a new city for just a day with nothing to do but explore on foot. There's something about big cities...

We have walked all over Manhattan, eaten delicious food, and enjoyed beautiful city views. We stayed in an amazing apartment with a view down 6th Avenue and of the Empire State building. I even won the only thing I've ever won in my entire life- front row tickets to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway, which was hilarious and enjoyable. I really don't think it could have been a better trip. Although I am still struggling with first trimester exhaustion (who knew a person could sleep so much in a 12 week period?) and I even threw up for the first time just as I hit 13 weeks, I am so very grateful for this adventure that we went on. 

Your dad and I really love to travel and go on little and big adventures and one of my biggest dreams is to take you on adventures with us. I hope that dream can come true. 

Love, 
Mama

(This weeks's photos were taken on the 52nd floor of the building we stayed in on our trip to New York.)

No comments:

Post a Comment