Monday, August 15, 2016

Everett's first day of preschool.

Being a mom is a funny thing. Of course, I wanted to get a cute photo of this little guy on his first day of preschool. He is becoming more vocal about not wanting to take pictures these days, and as I was taking these, I was sure that I didn't get any decent photos. Everett wouldn't sit still for a second and he was being so silly, but as I looked through the photos I managed to get, I realized that these are perfect, because they are exactly who Everett is at 2 years and 2 months old. He is always on the move, silly, adventurous, and independent.

Everett has been my little buddy all summer long. Except for when Matt and I went away on a little babymoon, I have been with Everett every day, which is a different pace of life from my work schedule last year. Matt has been back at work for two weeks already, so Everett and I have had a lot of special time going to museums, the zoo, parks, and playing in the backyard, and I am so grateful for all of the time we have had together, especially thinking about the new baby that will be joining us shortly.

Here is Everett's first day of preschool photo shoot before we headed out the door this morning.  

***

Me: "Everett, let's take a picture for daddy on your first day of preschool."
Everett: "With dinosaur lunch box."
 Everett: "Mama, watch."
 Everett: "Everett eat dinosaur. Everett silly."
Everett: "Mama, ride bike?"
Me: "Sure buddy."
Everett: "Mama, Everett take bike in car?"
Me: "No buddy."
Everett: sad face
Today is my first day back at work after two months off, and I am only going back for a short time before my maternity leave. I love my job and I love being a mother, and often those two passions seem like they don't fit well into the same life. While it felt good to get back to school today and connect to a different part of myself than being a mother allows me to, I sure did miss this kid and his cheesy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment